This article will walk through how to integrate your Tech Data account with your Quoter account to search Tech Data for products when creating a Quote, removing the need to manage your products in two places.
- Requires access credentials to Tech Data's XML Online Check Service. Note that these are not the same credentials that you log into Tech Data with. To request access, you’ll need to contact the Country-specific Tech Data office below.
Here is an example email template:
Subject: XML Online Check API Credentials Request
We would like to set our account up with access to Tech Data's XML Online Check service. Please provide an XML authorization code at your convenience.
Our information is as follows:
Company Name: *[Your Company Name]*
Tech Data Account Number: *[Your Tech Data Account Number]*
Tech Data US
Tech Data Canada
Tech Data UK
Tech Data Support for Other European Countries
- If you have access to the Tech Data XML service and are receiving an Invalid Credentials error when attempting to integrate with Tech Data, please contact us to allow our Partner Success team to troubleshoot further.
To get this going, navigate to Settings > Integrations > + New Integration where you'll be directed to the Select Integration page (if you do not already have an integration connected, you will not see the + New Integration button and will instead be shown the Select Integration page when navigating to Settings > Integrations).
1. Select Tech Data North America or Tech Data Europe under Distributors as per the screenshot below:
2. Selecting either Tech Data North America or Tech Data Europe will direct you to the Add Tech Data Integration page where you'll need to enter your credentials for the Tech Data XML-API system:
3. Once you're connected to Tech Data, when clicking + Add Item on Quote Create, you'll see the Distributors tab that will allow you to search for products and services by Manufacturer Part #:
Once you've searched the desired Manufacturer Part #, you'll be presented with real-time pricing, product availability, and stock:
Clicking on Add To Quote will allow you to edit the Item Price, Cost, and details before adding the item to the quote: