Follow the below instructions to configure SSO for your Quoter account using OneLogin as the SAML identity provider.
You must be subscribed to our Pro or Enterprise plans
You must be an Account Owner to configure SSO for your Quoter account.
Ensure your users are provisioned in the identity provider (OneLogin), with exactly the same email address as their Quoter account. We don’t create user accounts under SSO.
Before turning this feature on, log in to your Quoter account twice - once in a regular browser and once in an incognito/private window to ensure that you are still logged in to your account if you get locked out in the other window. Alternatively, you can also log in using two separate browsers.
OneLogin for Quoter works the way it does for other sites and apps, whereby, a user logs in once to have automatic access to Quoter without having to log in separately.
1. In the admin portal for OneLogin, navigate to Applications > Applications and then search for and select Quoter
2. Click Save to add the app to your Company Apps and display additional configuration tabs.
3. On the Configuration tab, enter your Quoter subdomain in the field provided.
4. On the SSO tab, copy the three URLs
SAML 2.0 Endpoint
5. Scroll down to the X.509 Certificate section and click the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the entire certificate, including the Begin Certificate and End Certificate text.
6. Finally, on the Access tab, assign the application to a user role that will allow users to access Quoter.
After setting up OneLogin, you will need to configure your Quoter account to authenticate using SAML. You will need a few pieces of information from OneLogin to complete this step.
It's highly recommended that before you begin the below set of instructions, log in to your Quoter account twice - once in a regular browser and once in an incognito/private window.
Alternatively, you can also log in to two separate browsers to ensure that you are still logged in to your account in case you are locked out in the other window.
1. Log in to Quoter and navigate to Account
2. Click Authentication and turn the Enable SAML SSO toggle switch to ON. Once this is turned on, a form will appear. You will need to enter the information you collected from OneLogin in the section above into this form.
Copy the OneLogin Issuer URL and paste it into the Quoter Issuer (Entity ID) field.
Copy the OneLogin SAML 2.0 Endpoint URL and paste it in the Quoter SAML Login URL field.
Copy the OneLogin SLO Endpoint URL and paste it in the Quoter SAML Logout URL field.
Copy the X.509 certificate and paste it into the Quoter Certificate field. Important: Ensure there are no extra spaces trailing at the end of the Certificate string (i.e. after -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
3. Click Save to complete the setup of your account only when all information has been entered. If you turn on SSO before the information is entered, it will break the login experience for all users on your account.
Once you make this change, you can test your access.
Testing SSO authentication
Before you configured SSO, you should have opened Quoter in two separate browsers. If you get locked out, you will be able to use the incognito/private window to turn off SSO while you investigate the cause.
To make sure SSO is working, perform these steps:
Log out of and close any OneLogin browser sessions you have open.
In a new browser session, navigate to your Quoter account subdomain (mycompany.quoter.com) directly. This should redirect you to the identity provider.
Enter your SSO credentials.
After entering your credentials, you should be redirected and logged into Quoter.
Troubleshooting an email mismatch
If you have been using OneLogin for some time, your Quoter account admin email may not match your OneLogin admin email. This can be remedied by doing the following:
In OneLogin, go to Users > Account_Owner.
Select the Applications tab.
Select Quoter to open the Edit Login pane.
Here you can overwrite the default fields for your Quoter login and insert the correct information to match your OneLogin credentials with your Quoter credentials.