Use this article as a guide when integrating your account with Xero.
At any time, you can come back to the Integrations page (Settings > Integrations) to make changes to the integration.
The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at this article.
- If there are no accounts being populated in the Default Revenue Account dropdown, please ensure that the Account Type in your Chart of Accounts (Settings > Chart of Accounts) is set to Revenue.
- If your desired payment account isn't being displayed in the Default Payment/Bank Account dropdown when setting up the integration, please ensure when viewing the account details in Xero (Settings > Chart of Accounts) the option for Enable Payments to this Account has been selected.
- If Save Line Items as Inventory Items is enabled in the Integration Settings, the Code is required in order to push the Item to the Xero Products and Services
- When a Quote's status is changed to Accepted, Ordered, or Fulfilled, a corresponding Customer, Invoice, and set of Inventory Items will be automatically created in Xero. If the Customer already exists in Xero, it will be updated.
- When a Payment is accepted for a Quote via Quoter, a Payment will be automatically applied to the corresponding Invoice in Xero.
- The Default Invoice Status must be set to Authorized for Payments to be applied in Xero.
- The Invoice Number must be prefixed with the value defined under Invoice Prefix to avoid duplicate Invoice Numbers in Xero
- The Xero integration does not support our Person Search or Product Search features.
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations to select Xero under Accounting:
2. Click on Connect to Xero button to authorize Quoter to access your Xero account:
3. This will open a window to where you'll need to allow Quoter access to your Xero data by clicking on the Allow access button:
5. Upon successfully connecting your Xero account to Quoter, you’ll be redirected to Quoter to complete the Xero Integration Settings before clicking Save Integration to finish the setup process: