Use this article as a guide when integrating your account with Salesforce.
At any time, you can come back to the Integrations page (Settings > Integrations) to make changes to the integration.
The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at this article.
- Salesforce integration requires our Enterprise plan
- Only users with administrative or API permissions will work with the integration
- Salesforce requires an expiry date. If you have set the default expiration (in days) to 0, the quotes will be posted in Salesforce with a 1 year expiry.
- When creating a Quote in Quoter, you can search for an existing Salesforce Contact using our Person Search feature or create a new one automatically.
- When a Quote or Person is created in Quoter, the customer's contact information will be automatically added to your Salesforce account under Contacts. If a Person with a matching email address already exists in Salesforce, it will be updated. An Account will also be created to store the Person's company name and address, if necessary.
- When a Quote is created in Quoter, an Opportunity will be created in Salesforce and a PDF version of the Quote will be added to the Notes & Attachments.
- With the "Create Salesforce Quotes" feature activated, when a Quote is created in Quoter, a Salesforce Quote will be created in addition to the Opportunity. A PDF version of the Quote will be added as a Quote Document.
- Salesforce Account, Contact, and Opportunity Owners will be associated with Salesforce users that match Quoter users by email address.
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations to select Salesforce under CRM:
2. You'll be navigated to the Add Salesforce Integration dialog that will allow you enter your credentials and specify Quote Settings before clicking Save Integration:
3. To complete the setup process, complete the Quote Status Mapping and click Save Integration: